Spicy Sausage Pasta
Recipe courtesy of ‘the best simple recipes’ cook book
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can American Kitchen® Chicken Vienna Sausage (sliced)
- 1.5 cups diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can skinless diced tomatoes
- ½ cup cream
- 8 oz penne pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced scallions (spring onions)
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add chopped sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Always tastes better with American Kitchen