Chopped Salad in a Jar (with Creamy Caesar Dressing)
Recipe adapted from ‘A Farm girl’s Dabble’ food blog
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cups rough chopped black olives
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cups rough chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- freshly ground black pepper, for topping the salad
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 6 wedges, for sprinkling over the salad
- 1 cup American Kitchen® Caesar Salad Dressing
- Wash and dry 6 pint size jars.
- Divide garbanzo beans evenly between the jars.
- To each jar, spoon 2 tablespoons American Kitchen® Caesar dressing over the beans.
- It's important to make this your first layer, so the dressing doesn't make the lettuces soggy.
- Next divide the shredded carrots evenly between the jars, followed by the cherry tomatoes, and then the olives.
- Divide the lettuce and parsley evenly between the jars, compacting the layer enough to leave 1'' of headspace in the jars. Top with pine nuts and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately, or cover individual jars with lids and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve each salad with a fresh slice of lemon, to squeeze over the top right before eating. This salad can be made several hours before serving.
Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Always tastes better with American Kitchen