BBQ Chicken Tenders
Recipe courtesy of ‘Eating Well’ blog
- 1 cup American Kitchen® BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp. American Kitchen® Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 700 grams chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups American Kitchen® breadcrumbs
- Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
- Combine American Kitchen® BBQ sauce, American Kitchen® mustard and honey in a large bowl. Set aside 1/2 cup of the sauce in a small bowl. Cut any large chicken tenders in half lengthwise, then add all the tenders to the large bowl with the remaining sauce; stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Place American Kitchen® breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Place the tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Generously coat both sides of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and continue baking until the outside is crisp and the tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve with the reserved sauce for dipping.
Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Always tastes better with American Kitchen