Recipe courtesy of ‘Good Food’ blog
- 285g self-rising flour
- 225g sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 200g American Kitchen® mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 230 ml. boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the icing
- 2 tsps. Instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 85g Butter
- 225g sifted icing sugar
- 1.Mix flour, sugar, baking powder & mayonnaise. This is best done by an electric food mixer to ensure the mixture is thoroughly mixed.
- 2.Dissolve the cocoa in the boiling water & stir into the mixture along with the essence until thoroughly blended.
- 3.Place the mixture into a 7 inch greased & lined cake tin. Bake at 180°C/350°F for 30 - 40 minutes. Test with a skewer. Cool in the tin before removing.
- Dissolve the coffee & cocoa in the hot water.
- Cream together the butter & icing sugar. Beat in the cocoa liquid.
- Spread over the top & sides.
Enjoy your delicious cake!
Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Always tastes better with American Kitchen