Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Recipe modified and adapted from ‘Thai Cooking Made Easy’
Ingredients for Chicken Satay Marinade:
- 1 Kg skinless Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2.5 tsp. American Kitchen® Soy Sauce
- 2.5 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup American Kitchen® smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup American Kitchen® soy sauce
- 2 tsps. Thai red curry paste
- 1.5 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Stir together all ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast with each piece at least 1 inch wide. Mix in the Marinade and make sure all pieces are well coated. Let the meat marinade for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Insert the wooden skewers through the meat lengthwise. Grill the satay for 4 minutes on each side or until desired tenderness.
- Combine the curry paste, brown sugar, lime juice, American Kitchen® peanut butter and soy sauce in a food processor or a blender. Puree to combine.
- While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce (you may not need all of it).
Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts. Serve with chicken satay.
Cooking & preparation time shown is Minutes.
Always tastes better with American Kitchen